Hotels in Lockerbie, Dumfries and Galloway
Find Lockerbie hotels and hotels in the Lockerbie area of Dumfries and Galloway in south west Scotland ...
Below these hotel listings you will also find information about Lockerbie town and the nearby places - Dalton, Ecclefechan, Hoddom and Lochmaben.
- Kings Arms Hotel, Lockerbie - tel: 01576 202410
- OYO Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, Lockerbie - tel: 020 8089 8579
- Somerton House Hotel, Lockerbie - tel: 01576 202583
- Sure Hotel by Best Western Lockerbie, Lockerbie - tel: 01576 202415
- The Townhead Hotel, Lockerbie - tel: 01576 204627
Hotels in the Lockerbie area:
- Cressfield Country House Hotel, Ecclefechan, Lockerbie - tel: 01576 300281
- Ecclefechan Hotel, Ecclefechan, Lockerbie - tel: 01576 300213
- The Hightae Inn, Hightae, Lockerbie - tel: 01387 811711
- Kirkconnel Hall Hotel, Nr Ecclefechan, Lockerbie - tel: 01576 300277
- Springkell Hotel, Eaglesfield, Lockerbie - tel: 01461 600553
- The Village Inn, Kirtlebridge, Lockerbie - tel: 01461 500221
About the Town of Lockerbie, Dalton, Ecclefechan, Hoddom and Lochmaben
A market town for Annandale with a Lamb Fair dating from the 17th Century, Lockerbie is a good easy to reach and central point from which to explore both hills and coast.
Lockerbie has a golf course, an ice rink and winter visitors can enjoy curling. Each Summer, the Annual Common Ridings recall earlier turbulent times.
A short detour from Lockerbie are rolling hills and the small villages of Boreland and Waterbeck set in beautiful countryside. Also nearby are:
Feeling artistic? Drop into the Dalton Pottery Art Cafe and paint a pot - just a couple of minutes drive outside of the pleasant small village of Dalton.
In Ecclefechan you can visit The Arched House in which Thomas Carlyle, the 19th Century writer historian, was born on 4 December 1795. The interior of the house is furnished to reflect domestic life at Carlyle's time. In addition, 3 miles north of Ecclefechan is Burnswark - a native hilltop earthwork flanked by two 2nd Century roman siege camps.
Enjoy forest, farm and river walks on the Hoddom Estate as well as a golf course and fishing on the River Annan.
Follow the B7020 from Lockerbie tracing a meadering river through rich farmland and arrive at Lochmaben, a Royal Burgh from 1440. Lochmaben castle, now much reduced, was of vital strategic importance in the wars between the Scots and the English and was once the seat of Robert the Bruce's family.
Dumfries and Galloway Accommodation providers
If you wish to have your site included in these pages please read and complete the add Dumfries and Galloway Accommodation Form.
Hotel accommodation in Dumfries and Galloway:
Hotels in Dumfries Town and Area | Hotels in Annan | Hotels in Lockerbie | Hotels in Gretna and Gretna Green | Hotels in Langholm | Hotels in Moffat | Hotels in Newton Stewart | Hotels in Portpatrick and The Mull of Galloway | Hotels in Stranraer and Area | Hotels in Wigtown, Whithorn and The Machars| Hotels in Castle Douglas | Hotels in Dalbeattie | Hotels in Kirkcudbright | Hotels in Gatehouse of Fleet