Stranraer and Cairnryan Self Catering Accommodation
Self catering holiday cottages and accommodation in the Stranraer, Cairnryan & Luce Bay area of Dumfries and Galloway in south west Scotland.
Below these Self Catering listings you will find information about Cairnryan and Stranraer.
Blackloch Cottage is tucked away in a peaceful, rural location between Portpatrick and Stranraer in picturesque Dumfries and Galloway.
This secluded former gamekeeper’s cottage sits in an idyllic setting within 5 acres of natural woodland and looks out onto its very own shared loch.
i Sleeps 8 - Bedrooms 4 - Bathrooms 4
"We stayed at Blackloch in August for a week with our two children and parents. We were all impressed with how the owners have equipped the property. It's simply beautiful inside and out."
Tel: 44 (0) 1835 822277
Fax: 44 (0) 1835 822618
Self catering accommodation in Stranraer and area:
- Ardmhor Stranraer
- Bayview Apartment Stranraer
- Balker Lodge, Lochinch Castle , Stranraer - Tel: 01776 702024
- Blackloch Cottage, between Stranraer & Portpatrick - Tel: 44 (0) 1835 822277
- The Bullpen Stranraer
- The Byre Stranraer
- Chauffeur's Apartment Lochinch Castle, Stranraer - Tel: 01776 702024
- Corsewall House Kirkcolm, Stranraer - Tel: 01776 853567
- Cottfield House Stranraer
- Crailloch Croft Cottages Stranraer
- Dundream Kirkcolm, Stranraer - Tel: 07517 373470
- East Challoch Self-Catering Holiday Cottages Dunragit, Stranraer - Tel: 01581 400391
- East Lodge Dunragit, Stranraer - Tel: 01244 356890
- The Hayloft Stranraer
- Kinvara Stranraer
- Laggans Lodge Leswalt, Stranraer - Tel: 01776 870240
- Lochryan View Stranraer
- The Lodge Stranraer - Tel: 01776 703833
- Old School Stranraer
- Park View Cottage Stranraer
- Quay Head View Stranraer
- Rhins of Galloway Stranraer
- Shore Cottage Leswalt, Stranraer
- South Airies Farmhouse Kirkcolm, near Stranraer - Tel: 44 (0) 1835 822277
- Spoutwells Holiday Cottages Stranraer - Tel: 01776 704 086
- Swan House Holiday home Stranraer
- The Stable Stranraer
Other self catering accommodation in Cairnryan, Glenluce and area:
- The Auld Cairn Cairnryan, Stranraer
- Ardath Cairnryan near Stranraer
- Blinkbonnie Cairnryan
- Bailey Holiday Cottage, Luce Bay - Tel: 07810833098
- Craigells Holiday Cottage Glenluce - Tel: 01581 600312
- Little Laight Cairnryan
- South Milton Cottages, Stairhaven, near Glenluce - Tel: 01244 356890
- Sea Cottage, Luce Bay - Tel: 01581 500233
- Whitefield Dairy Cottage Glenluce - Tel: 01581 500247
Coming for a holiday? About the Stranraer and Cairnryan area
A small Scottish village overlooking Loch Ryan, Cairnryan is mostly known today for its large modern ferry port which opened in 1973, which links Scotland with Larne in Northern Ireland.
This attractive village of white-painted houses, once the homes of oyster fishermen, and a fine Queen Anne house is set against a green hillside.
Stranraer is an old settlement, with a castle dating from the 16th Century, and in the 18th and 19th Centuries it was a busy shipbuilding and shipping centre.
The A75 passes through only a small section of Stranraer. Away from the port are hotels and guesthouses, camping and caravan sites. There are gardens where visitors can sit and watch the ships going in and out of the harbour, parks where children can play, and a splendid golf course designed by the late James Braid and used for championship matches.
Stranraer is also the location for the Galloway Games, with trials of strength, music and dancing traditionally associated with the Highlands, as well as Agricultural and Horticultural Shows. Stranraer also houses the North west Castle Hotel which boasts its own Curling rink.
Visitors who enjoy an active holiday will find opportunities for sailing, boating and water-skiing at Loch Ryan as well as riding and golf as well as landscaped gardens a short drive away at Castle Kennedy.
A short drive from Stranraer are:
East of Stranraer, Dunragit sits on high ground overlooking Luce Bay. Unusual plants, trees and shrubs can be found at Glenwhan Gardens nearby.
Further east is Glenluce, long an important crossing point on the Water of Luce. The magnificent ruins of Glenluce Abbey are here as is the commanding Castle of Park tower.
North of Stranraer is Leswalt where an 18 metre (59ft) high monument to Sir Andrew Agnew of Lochnaw who laid out Aldouran Glen with exotic trees, rare plants and paths can be found. Nearby is the 15th Century Lochnaw Castle.
Further north is Kirkcolm with its terraces of single and two-storey cottages, painted white and originally homes of fishermen. To the north-west is Corsewall Point with a lighthouse designed by Robert Stephenson in 1815.
South of Stranraer is Sandhead with miles of golden sandy beaches by Luce Bay; ideal for families with young children. Within a short distance is Kirkmadrine Church, which has some of the earliest Christian carved stones in Scotland.
Dumfries and Galloway Accommodation providers
If you wish to have your site included in these pages please read and complete the add Dumfries and Galloway Accommodation Form.
Self Catering accommodation in Dumfries and Galloway:
Self catering accommodation in Dumfries Town and surrounding area | Self catering accommodation in Moniaive and Thornhill | Self catering accommodation in Sanquhar and Wanlockhead | Self catering accommodation in Annan | Self catering accommodation in Lockerbie and Lochmaben | Self catering accommodation in Gretna and Gretna Green | Self catering accommodation in Langholm | Self catering accommodation in Moffat| Self catering accommodation in Newton Stewart, New Galloway & Galloway Forest Park | Self catering accommodation in Portpatrick and The Mull of Galloway | Self catering accommodation in Stranraer, Luce Bay and Cairnryan | Self catering accommodation in Wigtown, Whithorn and The Machars | Self catering accommodation in Castle Douglas | Self catering accommodation in Dalbeattie and the Coast (Auchencairn, Kippford and Sandyhills) | Self catering accommodation in Gatehouse of Fleet | Self catering accommodation in Kirkcudbright